Garden Route Tour
10 Days Garden Route, Route 62 and the Karoo motorcycle adventure
- From USD 4 395
- 25% Deposit payment required to secure booking
- Minimum participants: 1
Itinerary for the Garden Route Tour:
- Day 1: Cape Town to L’Augulhas (the southern tip of Africa) via Chapmans Peak
- Day 2: L’Augulhas to Mosselbay
- Day 3: Mosselbay to Addo
- Day 4: Addo Elephant Park
- Day 5: Addo to Graaff-Reinet
- Day 6: Graaff-Reinet to Prince Albert
- Day 7: The Hell
- Day 8: Prince Albert to Oudtshoorn via Swartberg Pass
- Day 9: Oudtshoorn to Touwsriver via Route 62
- Day 10: Touwsriver to Cape Town via Cape Winelands
About this tour
Some say that Cape Town is the most beautiful city in the world. To prove that this is true, we start this Garden Route Tour early morning to make the most of the day, following the exceptionally scenic Chapmans Peak Drive route down to Cape Point Nature Reserve, the most southwestern corner of the African continent. This Cape Floral Region which lies within the Table Mountain National Park, has been declared a Natural World Heritage Site. From here we head towards L’Agulhas via Boulders Beach near Simon’s Town, home to a breeding colony of more than 2000 endangered African Penguins.
Our next stop, L’Augulhas – located at the southern tip of the African continent – is a seaside village and the perfect holiday destination with a variety of water-related activities: swimming, surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, angling, walking, sailing, canoeing, boating and waterskiing.
After a rest day at the Addo Elephant Park, we leave the Garden Route as we travel to Graaff-Reinet in the Karoo. The Hell, declared a World Heritage Site in 1997, is not for the faint hearted and requires above average skill.
Route 62, a picturesque tourist route and the scenic alternative to the N2 highway, takes us to Touwsrivier where we enjoy a late-afternoon game drive(if available) and relax in absolute luxury. We do wine tasting on the way back to Cape Town in the renowned Cape Winelands region.
Table Mountain, Cape Point Nature Reserve, Boulders Beach, Chapmans Peak Drive, Whale watching, Cape Augulhas, Addo Elephant Park, the Kango Caves, The Hell, Swartberg Pass, Route 62, Cape Winelands.
Recommended time of the year for this tour: October-March
Difficulty level: 2
Accommodation and excursions can be arranged for those arriving earlier, or staying longer
SA Motorcycle Adventures reserve the right to adjust tour itineraries at short or without prior notice due to circumstances beyond our control
- Motorcycle rental (unlimited kilometers)
- Fuel and other consumables
- 38lt Trax Top Box and 80lt Enduristan soft bag
- Road tolls
- Experienced guide
- Breakfast and supper
- Support vehicle with trailer carrying luggage, tools, first-aid kit and refreshments if three or more participants
- Airport transfers Cape Town
- Helmet and protective gear
- Adventure excursions,
- Excursions not mentioned in itinerary
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Personal expenses
- Personal accident, travel and medical insurance
- Recovery of motorcycle in the event of an accident
- Cost of emergency medical evacuation
Do you have any further questions about this tour? Contact us TODAY and we will get back to you soonest with the needed information.