Cape to Victoria Falls Tour
17 Days Cape Town, (South Africa) to Victoria Falls Tour (border between Zambia and Zimbabwe):
- From: US$7 650
- 25% Deposit payment required to secure booking
- Minimum participants: 1
Itinerary for the Cape to Victoria Falls Tour
- Day 1: Cape Town to Garies
- Day 2: Garies to Seeheim via Fish River Canyon
- Day 3: Seeheim to Sesriem
- Day 4: Sesriem to Swakopmund
- Day 5: Rest day
- Day 6: Swakopmund to Kamanjab via Spitzkoppe
- Day 7: Kamanjab to Etosha
- Day 8: Rest day for game drive in Etosha National Park
- Day 9: Etosha to Rundu
- Day 10: Rundu to Kasane
- Day 11: Kasane to Victoria Falls to Kasane
- Day 12: Kasane to Maun
- Day 13: Rest day to explore the Okavango Delta
- Day 14: Maun to Stampriet via Kalahari
- Day 15: Stampriet to Pella
- Day 16: Pella to Calvinia via Augrabies Falls
- Day 17: Calvinia to Cape Town via Tankwa Karoo
About this tour
Day one of our Cape to Victoria Falls Tour takes us along South Africa’s picturesque Cape West Coast to Garies where we stay in a luxury tented camp on a private farm. That night we experience the first taste of a real South African braai (barbeque) under the brightest of stars.
Once we cross the border into Namibia, the landscape changes dramatically – enough to take your breath away! We stay on unsealed roads to Swakopmund via the Fish River Canyon. Expect plenty of wildlife as we travel alongside the spectacular Namib Desert.
After a rest day in Swakopmund, we leave the dunes of the Namib Desert behind us and head for Kaokoland via Spitzkoppe. By now we will be confident enough on our BMW adventure motorcycles to take on the road which will be challenging at times. (We do not recommend riding this route solo.) The northwestern part of Namibia is even less densely populated than the areas in the south of the country, and with very little road traffic. En-route we’ll come across the OvaHimba, a semi-nomadic ethnic group in this part of the world.
We allow for enough breaks to stop for cold drinks, to absorb the beauty of the scenic landscape and to capture the very moments on camera.
From Etosha National Park we head east along the Caprivi Strip towards the Okavango Delta. With a rest day at Victoria Falls, there will be plenty of time on hand for all kinds of adventure activities including viewing and experiencing the grandeur of the Victoria Falls, also known as “The smoke that thunders”.
Riding on a motorcycle in Botswana, home to the world’s biggest concentration of African elephants, is a life-changing experience! With 38% of its total land area proclaimed as national parks and reserves, expect stunning scenery, plenty of wildlife and friendly local people.
Once back in South Africa, we briefly visit the Augrabies Falls before we take on the Tankwa Karoo, a region known for its serene beauty amidst its barren landscape.
This tour is a must for the bucket list of every true adventure rider!
Wildlife, Tankwa Karoo, Namaqualand, Richtersveld, Fish River Canyon, Namib Desert, Sossusvlei, Sesriem, Lunar landscape, Welwitchia, Spitzkoppe, Himba, Caprivi Strip, Etosha National Park, Chobe National Park, Victoria Falls, Makgadikgadi Pans, Okavango Delta.
Recommended time of the year for this tour: March-September
Difficulty level: 3
Accommodation and excursions can be arranged for those arriving earlier or staying longer
SA Motorcycle Adventures reserve the right to adjust tour itineraries at short or without prior notice due to circumstances beyond our control
- Motorcycle rental (unlimited kilometers)
- Fuel and other consumables
- 38lt Trax Top Box and 80lt Enduristan soft bag
- Road tolls and cross-border permits
- Experienced guide
- Breakfast and supper
- Support vehicle with trailer carrying luggage, tools, first-aid kit and refreshments only if three or more participants
- Airport transfers, Cape Town
- Helmet and protective gear
- Adventure excursions
- Excursions not mentioned in itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
- Personal accident, travel and medical insurance
- Recovery of motorcycle in the event of an accident
- Cost of emergency medical evacuation
Do you have any further questions about this tour? Contact us TODAY and we will get back to you soonest with the needed information.