Cape to Namibia Tour
12 Days Cape Town (South Africa) to Windhoek (Namibia) Motorcycle Adventure
- From USD 5 395
- 25% Deposit payment required to secure booking
- Minimum participants: 1
Itinerary for the Cape to Namibia Motorcycle Adventure:
- Day 1: Cape Town to Calvinia via Tankwa Karoo
- Day 2: Calvinia to Noordoewer
- Day 3: Noordoewer to Helmeringhausen via Fish River Canyon
- Day 4: Helmeringhausen to Solitaire
- Day 5: Solitaire to Swakopmund via Namib Naukluft Park
- Day 6: Rest Day
- Day 7: Swakopmund to Otjiwarongo via Spitzkoppe
- Day 8: Otjiwarongo to Windhoek
- Day 9: Windhoek to Stampriet
- Day 10: Stampriet to Seeheim
- Day 11: Seeheim to Vanrhynsdorp
- Day 12: Vanrhynsdorp to Cape Town
About this tour
Day one of our Cape to Namibia motorcycle adventure takes us through the picturesque Cape Winelands region and via the Bain’s Kloof Pass to Ceres. From Ceres to Calvinia, we travel along the longest unsealed road between two towns in South Africa. We stop at Tankwa Padstal for a few cold ones before the last stretch to Calvinia.
Once we cross the border into Namibia, the landscape changes dramatically – enough to take your breath away! From Helmeringhausen to Swakopmund via Solitaire the road surface remains unsealed. Expect plenty of wildlife as we travel alongside the spectacular Namib Desert.
As we average less than 350 km per day, we provide for enough breaks to stop for cold drinks, to absorb the beauty of the scenic landscape and to capture the very moments on camera.
After a rest day in Swakopmund, we ride via Spitzkoppe(also called the Namibian Matterhorn) to a private game reserve for a late afternoon game drive. We arrive early in Windhoek to have the motorcycles checked by BMW. We ride on the edge of the Kalahari desert to Stampriet.
This exceptional route comes highly recommended!
Tankwa Karoo, Cederberg, Namaqualand, Richtersveld, Wild horses of the Namib, Fish River Canyon, Namib Desert, Wildlife, Sossusvlei, Kalahari
– Recommended time of the year for this Motorcycle Adventure Tour: April-September
– Difficulty level: 4
– Accommodation and excursions can be arranged for those arriving earlier, or staying longer
– SA Motorcycle Adventures reserve the right to adjust tour itineraries at short or without prior notice due to circumstances beyond our control
- Bike rental (unlimited kilometers)
- Fuel and other consumables
- 38 lt Trax Top Box and 80lt Enduristan soft bag
- Road tolls and cross-border permits
- Experienced guide
- Accommodation(one night pre-trip, all nights during the trip, one night post-trip)
- Breakfast and supper
- Support vehicle with trailer carrying luggage, tools, first-aid kit and refreshments if three or more participants
- Airport transfers, Cape Town
- Helmet and protective gear
- Adventure excursions
- Excursions not mentioned in itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
- Personal accident, travel and medical insurance
- Recovery of motorcycle in the event of an accident
- Cost of emergency medical evacuation
Do you have any further questions about this tour? Contact us TODAY and we will get back to you soonest with the needed information.